||1 Day in NJ, up to 5 elsewhere
Arcmax fire resistant chainsaw chaps are for professional chainsaw operators who require protection from heat, fire and arc flash hazards. They are constructed entirely from fire-resistant materials and are arc rated. Ideal for use with wildland fires, utility vegetation management, and in the oil and gas industry.
The regulations (NFPA Code 70E) are very clear. Where there is a risk of an arc flash, the worker needs to wear fire resistant PPE. Nothing should melt. Nothing should drip.
- UL Certified to ASTM F1897-14 for chainsaw protection and meets OSHA regulation 1910-266
- Complies with NFPA Code 70E 130.7(11) and ENA NENS 09-2014 for arc protection
- Fully fire-resistant and non melting including the outer fabric, chainsaw protective fabric and lining
- Uses Arrestex FR fully fire resistant chainsaw protection material which is light, cool and quick drying, rated to 3,600 ft/min (30% above the ASTM F1897-14 requirement)
- Full protection from waist to the ankle, exceeding the ASTM F1897-14 coverage area requirement for chainsaw protection by approximately 15%
- Nomex®/Fire-resistant viscose ripstop outer fabric rated to 8.2 cal/cm2 according to ASTM F1959 and complies with ASTM D6413 for fire resistance
- Soft FR Lining
- 2-inch wide FR cotton belt with quick release buckle
- 4 leg straps made using FR cotton and rugged, high temperature nylon buckles to ensure a comfortable and an ultra-secure, safe fit
- 2-inch FR reflective tape at lower leg for increased visibility, compliant with the performance requirements of high visibility standards: ANSI 107:2015; AS/NZS 1906.4:2010
- Adjustable to a 49 inch waist size with an available 15 inch belt extension (BEXTF)