CAMP - Giant
An innovative multifunctional descender developed to meet the demands of the most technical rope access and rescue specialists.
The internal mechanism combines with robust hot-forged construction and advanced ergonomics for exceptional control even with heavy loads (up to 250 kg for two person scenarios).
In addition to its primary function as a descender, the Giant is also certified for use as a fall arrest device (i.e. during rope transfers), as an ascender with smooth upward glide, and as a belay device for climbing, making it the most widely certified rope tool of its kind.
The actuating lever features an anti-panic system that locks the rope and arrests the descent in case of excessive pressure on the lever by the user as well as an extra lock off position so the worker does not have to tie off the device.
An external button can be used to hold the cam open allowing the rope to slide easily in situations with limited or no load.
The device can be opened to insert or remove the rope without removing the carabiner (this helps prevent the possibility of dropping the device).
The large attachment hole allows for the insertion of a second carabiner making the two plates unopenable.
The logical circular rope path along with clear internal and external markings makes installation of the rope simple and intuitive.
- EN 12841 as a rope access device for semi-static ropes ranging from 10 to 11.5 mm:
- Type C: descender of the working line for loads up to 250 kg (from 11 to 11.5 mm) or 210 kg (from 10 to 10.9 mm);
- Type B: ascender of the working line for loads up to 250 kg (from 11 to 11.5 mm) or 210 kg (from 10 to 10.9 mm);
- Type A: fall arrester for the safety line for loads up to 120 kg.
- EN 341/2A as a rescue and evacuation descender for 10.5 mm semi-static rope (Iridium 10.5 mm) for loads up to 200 kg.
- ANSI/ASSE Z359.4 as a rescue and evacuation descender for 11 mm semi-static rope (Iridium 11 mm).
- EN 15151-1 for climbing structures using mountaineering techniques with dynamic ropes ranging from 9.9 to 11 mm